Event Schedule - COP25 JAPAN PAVILION
Environmentally Sustainable Transport
- Foundation for Promoting Personal Mobility and Ecological Transport
- United Nations Centre for Regional Development
In 21th century, majority of CO2 will be generated by today's emerging and developing countries. But countries like China and Thailand will start population decline in almost ten years and then face aging problems. Therefore what is requested to transport is to meet the growing demand at the same time human friendly system.
In Japan, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism is promoting global warming countermeasures in transportation sector. Ministry of the Environment of Japan and the United Nations Center for Regional Development have been holding an international conference called Regional EST Forum in Asia, and Eco-Mo Foundation has joined this conference and introduced best practices in Japan.
In this seminar, we will introduce these cases and discuss the issues facing emerging and developing countries.
- Hiroshi Takahashi, MLIT, Japan, Senior Planning Officer
- Karl Peet, SLoCaT, Research Director
- Wei-Shiuen Ng, ITF, Advisor
- Toshiyuki Yamazoe, Toyama City, Japan, Senior Adviser
- Choudhury Rudra Charan Mohanty, UNCRD, Coordinator
- Hirotsugu Maruyama, Eco-Mo Foundation, General Manager
- Mr. Takahashi of MLIT, Japan introduced the current state of greenhouse gas emissions in Japan's transportation sector.
- Mr. Mohanty of UNCRD explained the efforts of the Asia EST Regional Forum.
- Mr. Karl Peet of SLoCaT and Ms. Wei-Shiuen Ng of ITF explained the transportation decarbonization program.
- Mr. Yamazoe of Toyama City, Japan introduced examples of compact city and LRT in Toyama City.
- Finally, Mr. Maruyama of Eco-Mo Foundation explained Green Slow Mobility initiative in Japan.
Message and Results
After the Presentation, we discussed NDCs, e-mobility and Sustainable Transport with audience in COP25 Japan Pavilion.
Other Events On This Day
International Energy Agency
Foundation for Promoting Personal Mobility and Ecological Transport, United Nations Centre for Regional Development
City Climate Actions in collaboration of China, Japan, Korea – Introduction of China-Japan-Korea Joint Research Project on Cities towards decarbonization and sustainable development –
Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
RE100 Research Society