Event Schedule - COP25 JAPAN PAVILION
Innovation Challenge Towards Net Zero-Carbon
- Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
- Global Industrial and Social Progress Research Institute
Focusing on innovation challenge to achieve net zero-carbon on a global scale, and discussing how to promote business-led innovation.
1. Opening Remarks
Tsutomu Sugimori, Vice Chair of Keidanren
2. Guest Remarks
Yahagi Tomoyoshi, Deputy Director-General for Technology and Environment, METI
3. Presentation: Innovation Challenges
- Yukihiro Kawaguchi, Director, Global Environmental Affairs Office, METI
- Hiroyuki Tezuka, Chair of the WG on Global Environment, Keidanren
- David Sandalow, Inaugural Fellow at Columbia University's Center on Global Energy Policy
4. Panel Discussion and Q&A
Moderator: Sumiko Takeuchi, Deputy Research Chief, The 21st Century Public Policy Institute
5. Closing Remarks
Hiroshi Oikawa, President, NEDO
- Tsutomu Sugimori, Keidanren, Vice Chairman
- Shinjirou Koizumi, Minister of the Environment, Japan
- Tomoyoshi Yahagi, Industrial Science and Technology Policy and Environment Bureau, METI, Deputy Director-General for Technology and Environment
- Yukihiro Kawaguchi, Global Environmental Affairs Office, METI, Director
- Hiroyuki Tezuka, WG on Global Environment, Keidanren, Chair on WG
- David Sandalow, Columbia University's Center on Global Energy Policy, Inaugural Fellow
- Sumiko Takeuchi, The 21st Century Public Policy Institute, Deputy Research Chief
- Hiroshi Oikawa, NEDO, President
This event had the Opening Address by Mr. Sugimori, Vice Chair of Keidanren, and Guest Speech by Mr. Yahagi, Deputy Director-General of METI, followed by presentations and panel discussions under the title of "Innovation Challenge toward Net Zero Carbon".
After the presentations given by distinguished guests of Mr. Kawaguchi (Director, METI), Mr. Tezuka (Chair on WG, Keidanren), and Mr. Sandalow (Columbia University), the lecturers participated in the panel discussion moderated by Ms. Takeuchi (Deputy Research Chief, the 21st Century Public Policy Institute). Finally, Mr. Oikawa (President, NEDO) made closing remarks.
In the Panel Discussion, the panelists had active and extensive discussion on how to implement innovation that would be essential to attain virtuous cycle between environment and economy.
The event was further honored by the attendance of Mr. Koizumi, Minister of the Environment, Japan, who welcomed Keidanren’s "Challenge Zero" Initiative and noted with appreciation the programs such as "Zero Carbon Companies" by Japanese companies and "Zero Carbon Cities" by local governments in Japan and the world. Minister Koizumi also indicated Japan’s strong support and utmost contribution for innovation and international cooperation, with an aim to realize global carbon neutrality.
Other Events On This Day
National Institute of Environmental Studies (NIES)
Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth (RITE)
Global Industrial and Social Progress Research Institute
Leap ahead to Decarbonization: The launching event of the latest ICEF Roadmap on "Industrial Heat Decarbonization"
New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)