- 10:00 - 11:30
- Role of the private sector in realizing the GGA: How can Japanese companies contribute to achieving a climate-resilient economy and society?
- Ministry of the Environment, Government of Japan
- Seminar abstract
- As climate change deepens, its impacts are becoming increasingly severe. Cooperation among diverse actors is essential for the world to adapt to the increasingly complex impacts of climate change. The private sector is an indispensable actor in adaptation because of its significant impact on mobilizing the financial resources needed for adaptation and its possession of the basic technologies required for adaptation. In an increasingly globalized business environment, the effects of climate change not only damage and impact their own facilities, but also have a significant impact on corporate profits through supply chains and other means around the world. Then the private sector itself, as an actor affected by climate change, is required to adapt to climate change risks. Thus, the private sector's response to climate change impacts is of urgent importance, along with its own efforts toward decarbonization. In this event, experts with cutting-edge knowledge on adaptation in the private sector and practitioners from Japanese companies with advanced adaptive solutions (technologies, services, and experiences) will be invited to discuss the role of the private sector in achieving GGA, its contribution through adaptation solutions that contribute to a climate resilient economy and society in the world, will be discussed.
Click here for more details and a link to watch the event on the day.
- (Order of Presentation)
- Hiroshi Ono, Vice-Minister for Global Environmental Affairs, Ministry of the Environment, Japan
- Nicolette Bartlett, Chief Impact Officer, CDP
- Akio Takemoto, Programme Head, United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Studies of Sustainability
- Arame Tall, Senior Adaptation and Resilience Specialist, The World Bank
- Genichiro Tsukada, Director, Climate Change Adaptation Office, Ministry of the Environment, Japan
- Daisuke Abe, Managing Executive Officer, Service Operation and Development, Weathernews, Inc.,
- Hiroko Urashima, Manager, Sustainability Promotion Office, General Planning Department, MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc.
- Hitomi Miura, ESG Management Promotion Department, Sekisui Chemical Co.
- 11:45 - 12:45
How can satellites improve Forest Monitoring and Management?Organizer: Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
Co-organizer: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Kenya Ministry of Environment and Forestry
Kenya Forest Service
- 13:00 - 14:30
HFCs Lifecycle Management Workshop under Q-CHAMPMinistry of the Environment, Government of Japan
- 15:00 - 16:30
Actions to Strengthen Synergies between the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable DevelopmentUnited Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)
- 17:00 - 18:30
Japan-Malaysia City to City Carbon Neutral Collaborations – Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Look East Policy (LEP)Organizer: Institute for Global Environmental Strategies(IGES)
University of Technology Malaysia (UTM)
Ministry of the Environment, Japan (MoEJ)