10:30 - 12:00
Japan’s Initiative toward Carbon Neutrality
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
【Agenda of the Event】
Japan's Initiative toward Carbon Neutrality
A speech by the Deputy Commissioner for International Policy on Carbon Neutrality, Director-General for Energy and Environmental Policy, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, on Japan's policy toward carbon neutrality in the world.
Keidanren's Initiatives towards Carbon Neutrality
Lecture on Keidanren's carbon neutrality action plan.
ENEOS Hydrogen Strategy
Lecture on ENEOS's efforts to build a large-scale hydrogen supply chain.
A discussion among Japan, Australia and ERIA on energy transition in Asia and engagement in global carbon neutrality.
- • MINAMI Ryo Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Deputy Commissioner for International Policy on Carbon Neutrality, Director-General for Energy and Environmental Policy
• ARIMA Jun Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) Senior Policy Fellow for Energy and Environment
• Samuel Lowe Office of the Special Adviser on Low Emissions Technology (Australian Government) Project Director
• TEZUKA Hiroyuki Keidanren Chairman of the Working Group on Global Environment Strategy
• IWASE Junichi ENEOS Corporation Director, Executive Vice President
Appealed Japan's knowledge, technology, and past contributions to the promotion of a diverse and realistic energy transition and the realization of net zero and green growth worldwide.
Message and Results
The direction of the solution to the problem of how Japan can contribute to global carbon neutrality was explained from the three perspectives of "Various Pathways," "Innovation," and "Engagement. In this way, we were able to effectively convey our message in a way that encompassed not only the government's efforts but also those of the private sector.
In addition, we were able to effectively present how Japan and other countries will respond with international cooperation to decarbonize Asia.
13:00 - 14:30
The Ministry of the Environment, Japan (MOEJ) and the Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC)