“Changing our future with CCS!” International Workshop on CCS
CCS is a globally important technology not only as a measure to mitigate global warming, but also from the viewpoint of energy security, economic growth and sustainable development. In addition, CCS is a realistic option from a technological perspective, with practical scale projects being advanced in many parts of the world.
On the other hand, in order to achieve the expansion of CCS deployment, there still remain issues such as cost, risk and creating mechanisms to encourage investment.
Considering the above, in this CCS event, we will; 1. Describe from a broad perspective the role of CCS in global warming countermeasures; 2. Demonstrate that CCS is a realistic technology by introducing the efforts of private companies striving for innovation in CCS technology, and finally; 3. Present that Japan will contribute towards CCS deployment and the achievement of global climate goals through technological innovation and international collaboration on CCS.
- Antonios Papaspiropoulos, Global CCS Institute, Global Lead - Advocacy and Communications
- John Scowcroft, Global CCS Institute, Executive Adviser - Europe, Presentation1 (PDF, 914KB)
- Tim Dixon, IEAGHG, Programme Manager, Presentation2 (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Jiro Tanaka, International Relations Dept., Japan CCS Co., Ltd., Associate General Manager, Presentation3 (PDF, 6.7MB)
- Kensuke Suzuki, Strategic Marketing & Business Development Dept.,Thermal & Hydro Power Systems Div., Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation, Senior Manager, Presentation4 (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Yukihiro Kawaguchi, Global Environment Partnership Office, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Director
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Ministry of the Environment
- Japan CCS Co., Ltd.